Sat, Sep 17|
Wilderness Advanced First Aid WAFA - Hybrid Delivery
Our WAFA course is an excellent starting point for those serious outdoor adventurers or if you are looking to start in the Outdoor Recreation or Outdoor Education fields. Our WAFA is chocked up with realistic scenarios using fake blood and makeup, keeping you on your toes
Time & Location
Sep 17, 2022, 9:00 a.m. EDT – Sep 18, 2022, 4:00 p.m. EDT
Pickering, 700 Sandy Beach Rd, Pickering, ON L1W, Canada
About the Course
Students will complete an Online pre-Study module online that will provide exstensive knowledge into the theoratical aspects of Wilderness Medicine. Students will complete a total of 15 Modules. Each Module has a short quiz followed by a final written test.
Pass for the test is 70%
Students should allow aproxiamtely one week to complete the online portion of the course. The exact time is more or less depending on your available time to study. The one week estimate is based on a couple hours each eevening.
Once the student succesfully achieves 70% they become eligable to book a place in one of our practical in person training days.
In person training days occour atleast one weekend every month.
This course has no deadlines, so study at your own pace.
- 40 Hours Online Training In The Theoretical portions of Wilderness Medicine
- 2 Day in person hands on practical training
- Certification in: Basic Wilderness First Aid Valid for 3 Years
- Free Replacement Of Lost Card
- 24 Hour Access to the online course
- Free membership to our website for behind the scenes access to various wilderness safety topics, photos, blog, members social groups.
Spots In Course
Wilderness Advanced First Aid